Our publication platform is compatible with several browsers on various operating systems.
The following browsers are officially supported:
- Firefox 3.x-20.x (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Internet Explorer 8.x-10.x (Windows)
- Internet Explorer 7.x (Windows)
- Safari 4.x-6.x (Windows, Mac)
- Chrome 2.x-23.x (Windows, Mac, Linux)
Although we do not officially support the browsers listed below, they have been reported to work with our publication platform:
- Camino 1.6.x (Mac)
- Konqueror 4.2.x (Linux)
- Opera 9+
A broadband connection is required to view our digital editions. Due to the nature of our digital publishing platform, dial-up connections simply do not have enough bandwidth to achieve a satisfactory reader experience.
The Adobe Flash Player plugin (version 8 or higher) must be installed for your particular browser to view the Flash version of the publication platform.
If you are accessing our website through a firewall or proxy, check with your network administrator to determine if cookies are permitted. Also if you are using a proxy (depending on your settings) you may not always be viewing the most current version of the publication platform.
If you have a pop-up blocker installed, it may also prevent some functionality on the publication platform.
Our viewer requires a MINIMUM resolution of 1024x768. Higher resolutions are supported and recommended.
- iPad/Phone - iOS 5+ Safari
- Desktop - Chrome 23+, Firefox 19+, Internet Explorer 10+, Safari 5+
- Pinch and Reverse Pinch Zoom
- URL links
- Article links - display in media deck
- Page-to-Page links
- Search-enabled - per issue and publication
- PDF downloads (if enabled)
- Archive issues (if allowed by publisher)
- Full Screen mode
- Orientation handling/Adaptive Layout for mobile devices
- Spread of Single Page Viewing
- Left/Right navigation buttons for non-touch devices
- Slide transition
- Scrubber - visual page scroll and selection
- Embedded Video
- Popup Video
- Autoplay Video
Print Functionality (entire publication, current page, or a specific range of pages)
Smart App Banner - reader notification that a Native App exists for that publication (iOS devices only)
Retail (Catalogs and Circulars) features - Rollovers
- Custom/masked publication domain names
- Background color and text color of these areas can be customized
- Search Panel
- Table of Contents